Hello! My name is Alanna Storey. Yes, I do find it funny that I like to blog, write, and do PR related activities and happen to have the last name of Storey in case you caught that too. I am currently a senior at Hamline University and am looking forward to graduating. My interests are in women's studies, communications, and psychology. I feel that all of these subjects of study are very important in being an effective PR person. Women's studies gives one the knowledge to understand and be able to interact with diverse groups of people. Communications gives people the art of words to be able to communicate a particular message to a particular audience. Psychology also gives one the skill to be able to go inside the audience's head and become better equipped to give them what they want.
I have had PR experience through doing newsletters and brochures in order to promote the women's studies department here at Hamline. I also interned at the Minnesota Women's Consortium and worked to revamp their marketing system. I introduced Twitter, Facebook, and newly designed newsletters to the office. When I am not doing that I am President of the Women's Resource Center which seeks to create awareness about gender diversity on campus and in the community. I do much event planning for this organization. We have a variety of events such as media talks, charity fashion shows, and a women's history month celebration on campus. I also work in the President's Office doing everything from drafting donor letters to helping with mailings.
That is a short summary of all of the duties and responsibilities I have on campus. You can usually find me on Fridays wearing a Hamline shirt for the weekly Piper Pride Fridays we have. I hope you have enjoyed this summary and I look forward to getting to know all of you and your interests!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment